When you’re looking to buy a new home, it’s important to choose your new home builder carefully. It is really easy to say look for quality, look for reputation, etc. But all those things are true. This is the biggest purchase you will ever make in your life, and it has to serve your needs every day. You don’t want a hassle – you just want a great home. So, check out the builder first and you will be well on your way to a good home buying experience
Look for Quality in the Workmanship of the Models
Every detail of the builder’s model homes should represent the level of quality you can expect in your new home.
- Open the doors and windows. Are they loose? Do they work?
- Check the corners of the trim. Do they meet up?
- Does everything look straight – corners of walls, trim, doors?
- Do the floors creak?
Look for Quality in Service
The way a builder treats their customers before, during and after the sale of the home says a lot and can give you a clue what to expect.
- Do they have a customer service department to handle any problems or questions?
- How does the staff treat you when you walk in the door? Are they helpful? Do they answer your questions? Are they pleasant?
- Does the builder offer a place for you to view your options and make selections?
- Will the builder walk you through your home during construction?
Look for Success
I once heard someone say, “When you invest, trust the broker with the nicest car. If he/she does well, he/she must be good.” The same can be said of a homebuilder. You can measure the builder’s success by visiting their website and touring their sales center. Choose the builder with the best experience and the best evidence of success.
Click here to learn more about Hartz Homes and our approach to building your new home!